Obesity Survivor and Health Coach
Helping women in North and South Carolina and beyond to control their weight and positively influence their health with nutritious raw food dishes.
As a certified holistic health coach and raw food chef, my goal is to empower you with the knowledge and skills to positively transform your health. I provide the ongoing guidance, support and cheer-leading you need to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle thanks to the food you put on your plate.
With my help you will feel healthier, slimmer and more energized, leaving you ready to face the world with an increased sense of confidence and vigor. Whether you’re looking to reduce weight, diminish the symptoms of diabetes, or cleanse your body after a cancer diagnosis, my holistic nutrition solutions can positively change your life.
My Healthy Eating Principles
Just some of the principles I adhere to as a health coach include:
- Realistic and sensible approaches to modifying eating habits which don’t require you to go on a diet. You’ll learn insights into more tactical grocery shopping, portion planning, meal preparation, and even when to spoil yourself.
- Personalized nutrition plans, mostly plant-based, tailored exactly to you as an individual. These solutions will factor in your current situation, health, body, personality, lifestyle and other variables.
- Cleansing the digestive system and ensuring long-term health for your gut. When the belly is healthy, then your body as a whole feels better, looks better and moves better – and above all, is stronger and more resistant to illnesses.
- Creating a new life of healthy eating based on balanced nutrition. All of which will allow you to lose weight, boost your health, reduce cravings, feel increased vitality and feel better in every way.
To learn more about my my decision to undergo bariatric surgery, Click here.
My Credentials and Training
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW)- George Mason University in 2006.
- Certified Holistic Health Coach/Raw Food Chef through Diet for Living Center School of Natural Nutrition.
- Trained in the concept of Food as Medicine by the Center for Mind Body Medicine.
- Licensed “Am I Hungry?” bariatric and non-bariatric personal coach and group facilitator.
- Certified Motivational Enhancement/Cognitive Behavioral therapist (18+ years of clinical experience working for organizations such as the Department of Juvenile Justice, The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Georgetown University Medical Center, and more recently as the Director of Stress & Anger Solutions of the Carolinas.)